Keeping you safe at The Mowlem
Your safety and the safety of our staff is critical to us, and we would ask that you please read through this page as we follow the latest government COVID 19 guidelines and work to protect you, our staff and visiting performers.
On 18th March 2022, Public Health Dorset advised that COVID – 19 cases in Dorset were again increasing. As a result of these increased figures, the Mowlem trustees completed a renewed risk assessment of activity that occurs within our building.
If you or someone in your group has COVID 19 symptoms, has tested positive or has symptoms of COVID-19, please do NOT come to The Mowlem. If you have any questions or concerns about your visit, you can call the Box Office on 01929 422239 to discuss your tickets before attending.
Important COVID-19 information
Currently, we are open at total capacity for live performances whilst socially distanced for all films. We have a fantastic lineup of entertainment for you to enjoy in 2022. Your safety, comfort and enjoyment remain our number one priority. We’ll continue to follow all Government guidelines and advice and will regularly update this page if and when there are any changes.
Please check back before your visit for the latest information.
- The wearing of face masks: From Thursday, 27 January 2022, in line with Government guidance in England, face masks are optional when inside The Mowlem. As the wearing of face coverings is not mandatory, our staff will not confront members of the audience who do not comply. Public Health Dorset advice, from 18th March 2022, is that it is sensible to wear face coverings in enclosed or crowded spaces. We would ask all out guests to consider the safety and comfort of those around them, particularly the most vulnerable.
- We will open the doors to the auditorium 30 minutes before your event. If we have your email address, we will email you beforehand should there be any changes to the latest advice on social distancing.
- Covid Passes – You do not need to present a Covid Pass, proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter the venue.
Additional Cleaning & Ventilation:
We will continue with our enhanced cleaning protocols to ensure your safety. We disinfect all building areas at regular intervals throughout the day and evening to help keep you safe.
We’ll continue to circulate fresh (sea) air throughout the auditorium during your visit. Used air is extracted to the outside and is not recirculated. You may want to bring an extra layer if it gets chilly! We shall continue to provide as much space and signage as possible in common areas for your safety.
How you can help us keep you safe:
While we continue to do everything we can to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience, there are some small steps you can take to help:
- For those able, we strongly suggest booking your tickets online and having them emailed or posted to you in advance.
- Email tickets can either be printed or shown on a mobile phone when arriving at the venue. If you cannot do this, the Box Office will be open 45 minutes before the performance for purchases and collections.
- Face masks are available at the Box Office if you haven’t brought your own but would like to wear one. Please don’t hesitate to ask us.
- You will notice that we continue to provide hand sanitising stations all around the venue. We encourage you to use these when entering and moving around the building or to wash your hands regularly.
- Where possible, we ask you to pay using contactless payment. We can accept contactless downstairs in the Box Office, Upstairs in the bar and the ice cream kiosk when open.
We are in this together – we ask that all our guests continue to follow instructions given by our staff as well as signage to ensure the safety of everyone in the building. Please speak to a member of staff if you have any questions or concerns.
You can more information on current COVID-19 advice and guidelines here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus