Volunteering at The Mowlem
We’re on a mission to rebuild The Mowlem as a thriving cultural hub for Swanage, contributing to its residents’ well-being and Purbeck’s economic regeneration. Help support us while gaining inside knowledge of a professional theatre. It’s a great way to develop your skills, meet new people and give something back to your community. Plus, you get to see selected shows for free!
We have a variety of volunteer positions available, including roles for ushers, bar staff, technical assistants, and leaflet distributors.
Benefits to you
We want to ensure you have a positive experience volunteering with us, no matter your experience level.
- Flexible shifts are available to suit you. Any time you can offer is appreciated
- Full training will be given relevant to your chosen role
- Learn new skills in other areas, including technical, marketing, and hospitality, to broaden your employment experience and opportunities
- Gain inside knowledge of a working theatre, cinema and events venue
- Become an integral member of our fun and friendly team, and the wider community
- Free tickets to live performances (subject to availability)
- Free tickets to selected movies (subject to availability)
All volunteers must be prepared to complete a DBS check should we require one. The Mowlem is a Registered Charity committed to equal opportunities, welcoming volunteers from all community sections. If there’s a role not listed below that you think you could offer, please get in touch!
Please select the role you’re interested in and download further details. When you’re ready, download the application form [here] and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by the Box Office during our opening hours and hand it to any staff member.
- Bar Assistant
- Technical Assistants
- Events Photographer
- Leaflet Distributors
- Social Media Support
If you have any questions regarding volunteer positions, please email email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you.